Tuesday, October 4, 2011

ART Network


The Project Overview
To design a 5 sec production company ID for ART Network at Ringling College.  This logo ID will be used at the conclusion of all the shows that are produced by ART Network.    There will be two versions required:  1) with the animated graphics over a background, and
 2) a keyable version that can be placed over any background.

Part I:

Create five different concept statements (what's the big picture? whats the big idea?
Write down 50 different ideas for concept statements, and from those choose the best 5 to present.

To me it's always been easier to write down and brainstorm with pen and paper. Somehow I feel that I get more inspiration when I'm thinking outside of the computer.
The following is a scan of my brainstorm process for my 50 different concepts.


After choosing the different concepts to present, I then went on to find images that I felt transmitted the feeling or mood that I would want to portray with each mood board.

1. Spontaneity and impact. Party Box filled with surprises, props and crazy objects that make an impact. Which is in effect what we as artist strive for with our work.


2. As artists we strive to speak up, and express our ideals. We reach out to you through different channels of communication, tv, sound, voice, technology, writing, drawing, etc. What language do you speak?

   

3) A profound look into who we are at RCAD. From the most essential microscopic elements that compose us and our work, to the outermost aspects on the surface with which you interact. Come see what we’re made of. 


4. Theater performance, we expose the truth in a different way, hoping to cause an impact and change in society.


5. Look at the beauty outside but also within, look again and try to make something out of the image. Confused or puzzled? Were intellectual beings that will make you see and think through various perspectives.

Part II
As a continuation of the project, we were asked to then take one of our concepts and begin to develop it. We were to pick a particular audio to wich we wanted to animate. Create a rough storyboard of the animation, and with it present a style frame. In other words a frame that would give the viewer the idea of how a single frame of the animation would look like.

In addition to this, before creating the style frame I chose to make a mood board, that would help me develop further my vision of the style frame.

 STORYBOARD

MOOD BOARD


 STYLE FRAME
Animation Process:

When it comes to animating I usually get ver attached to my concepts and hence very anxious to animate on the screen. So much that sometimes I forget how important the preplanning phase is.
If I could take something from this project, it would definitely be to preplan every detail before even opening After Effects.
Having not done this, or at least not thoroughly enough, the animation process resulted in me doing three different animations from scratch, instead of a single animation and refining it for each pass.


First Pass:


Second Pass:

Third Pass:
By this point of my process I realized I needed to really sit down and plan out frame by frame of the animation if I wanted to have a successful final exploration; and going back to storyboarding with paper and pen, really helped reach the goal I was striving for.





No comments:

Post a Comment