EXPLORATION 3:
This Exploration combines all three methods of combining images; Modes, Masks, and Mattes. The assignment was to create a 7 second animated collage sequence. The sequence identifies the role or job title and name of an individual responsible for an aspect of a film. Such job title descriptions might include, Producer, Director of Photography, Casting Director, Costume Designer, Editor, Production Designer.
Process/ Research:
For this assignment, I wanted to choose someone different, who was not a typical hollywood producer, but rather an international artist whose work I've admired for a long time.
Tule Peak is a Brazilian creative, that has taken many roles in the industry throughout his career.
As an artist he has experimented with art direction, production design, photography, and many other positions. Nonetheless I’ve found that his best work in my opinion lies in his production design films.
As a production designer, the artist is in charge of taking the script and translating the visual feel, atmosphere, and environment into film, bringing the story to life. They work very closely to the director and producer. Guiding the director of photography and other designers on set, to create a unified appearance to the film.
The images I chose are all directly related to both the artist and the job tittle. Because it is about the artist himself, I wanted to bring his story and cultural background into it, whilst also emphasizing his style. This is why I chose a series of favelas, brazilian character and typical element found in these environments.
The favelas not only to represent where he comes from, but also the very rough and “hands of feel” of his visual style.
In addition to this, another of my images are the hanging shoes which play along with the idea of the feeling the production designer attempts to evoke in the audience.
Last but not least, the young boys eyes looking straight at the audience, represent the vision of the artist which is what drives the entire atmosphere and perspective of the story.
Execution:
I wanted to maintain the same type of rusty, hand drawn style that he uses in his work, which is why I chose a pale and warm color palette.
Using our own luma mattes as transitions was one of the aspects I enjoyed the most, mainly because you begin to realize how all the projects are in some way interconnected, and the best part is to be able to apply your knowledge from the previous explorations into the next.
Execution:
I wanted to maintain the same type of rusty, hand drawn style that he uses in his work, which is why I chose a pale and warm color palette.
Using our own luma mattes as transitions was one of the aspects I enjoyed the most, mainly because you begin to realize how all the projects are in some way interconnected, and the best part is to be able to apply your knowledge from the previous explorations into the next.
No comments:
Post a Comment